Monday, February 08, 2010

Pain and Discomfort

So, I'm just past 38 weeks along and I'm not going to lie to you - I ain't comfortable. It is so hot and humid here. Okay, not as humid as it is in Taiwan...but still humid and not nice at all. My ankles still swell and I can barely stand to be outside so I try to spend most of my time indoors. I sweat a lot in this heat and probably don't eat or drink nearly as much as I should because I am so hot and don't feel like it. For the past couple of days I have felt some pain in my ribs which I am sure is caused by some kind of body part poking into them since there is less room for the kid. Let me tell you that this is not in the least bit comfy either. I wish that this baby would come soon. I'm not trying to complain because thousands of people go through things like this and yes I know it is something that you deal with when you are pregnant, but the heat is killing me and I'm tired of wearing the same 2-3 outfits and having sausage feet and toes. So hopefully he/she will come soon.

On the other hand, I have to admit that sometimes the thought of being a mom is terrifying to me. It is one thing to look after other people's kids but to have your own? It is kind of scary in a way. Maybe every new mom feels this way.....who knows? I sure wish my mom was here and could be here soon after this little one would be born. I will be calling her lots though, that is for sure.

Anyways, Andrew is home I think and we need to get groceries and replenish our sad supply. Later all.

1 comment:

Karey said...

sorry about all the discomfort. Just think it will be over in no time. I can't wait to see pictures and hear all about it. You're going to be an awesome mom. love you!!