Wednesday, February 17, 2010

No baby yet

I haven't posted for a few days and it occurred to me that some of you may be wondering if I had the baby. Well, the answer is "no". Baby Johncey is still in the oven but moving around lots here and there. I am ready for he/she to come at any time because it is so dang humid I can barely stand it.

Not a lot is new with me. Our fridge is on the fritz and is slowly dying. The freezer part isn't working properly which means that there are pools of water under the veggie crispers every day= me having to mop up water everyday because everytime one pulls out the veggie drawers water spills out and on to the floor. It is a pain in the you know what. "The freezer needs to be defrosted" says Andrew. Yes, well this is true and it helps a bit but it has been about a month since we last defrosted it so yeah...the fridge is dying. We are trying to hold off getting a new one because we want to save our money to come to Canada this year. We'll see what happens. Mopping water every day is a hassle though, I'll tell you that much and it ain't all that easy when it is hot and one is with child.

My cousin Simon and his girlfriend Jacqui finally had their baby. Their little one was due on Feb 8th and came on the 14th instead. They had a little girl (9 pounds, 9 ounces - big I know, but they are both really tall) and named her Silvia. Darn because we were thinking of that exact name! No just kidding, we weren't.

So I've been watching the Olympics and I have to say that I am mighty proud of our Canadians! Seeing all of these places makes me feel nostalgic for my homeland. I bet there is much excitement everywhere with Olympic fever and I wish I was there to experience it. I loved the opening ceremonies (except for KD Lang because I don't like her and personally I think that they could have chosen a better singer to represent Canada - i.e. Celine Dion. You know it is bad when people here are asking you if KD is a male or a female....how embarrassing as a Canadian) and was excited to watch them. Canada is such a beautiful county and I am proud to be from there. Go Canada Go!

5 comments:

Karey said...

I was wondering today if you had the baby yet...i guess not :)
I loved the opening ceremonies and i thought KD Lang did an amazing job. By the way they were sticking with people from BC so Celine didn't make the cut but HELLO Michael buble is. What gives! Actually Kris and i thought it was him but it turned out to be KD lang lol.

Karey said...

oh and i can't wait for you to have baby Johncey!!!!!

LeashyLoo said...

What??? I didn't think that KD Lang was from BC. I thought she was from the prairies somewhere....yeah they totally could have chosen Micheal Buble. Personally I thought that he would have been better. I can't wait for Baby Johncey to be born either...soon I hope! Thanks for commenting on my blog...love ya and miss ya lots!

{larissa} said...

two things
1) Canada does rock! even I got homesick watching because it's so cool there!
2) I had a dream that you had your baby.... it was a boy!

laura said...

i'm not a big fan of kd lang but she really rocked that song. i loved it. it was POWERFUL. just saying is all. maybe buble and celine will be doing the closing ceremony. never know.