Does anyone even read my blog anymore? I rarely seem to get any comments. Hmmmm. I have been asked to give a talk this Sunday on Sister Cook's talk "Be an Example of the Believers" from the October General Conference. It is a good talk and there is much in there that I can expand on. I have many ideas. I just need to organize them. I have been asked to speak for 15-20 minutes. I think that this will be the longest that I have ever spoken. The "invitation" to speak was given to be by way of an email that Andrew received from a member of the Bishopric asking if his wife could speak on a certain day. This irked me a little because: a. I already struggle to get to know people in the ward and feel a part of it, b. What ever happened to talking to someone directly? Even on the phone? I am a person too..not just "Andrew's Wife" and c. My email as well as Andrew's email and all of our contact numbers are written on our records....hello? Andrew is the membership clerk. Anyway, I just needed to get that out there.
So yeah, I'm working on my talk. It's tough.
2 comments:
i read it. i'm just a little behind, sorry man. hey, maybe the guy felt it was inappropriate to email you and felt more comfy emailing andrew. hey, you are going to give an awesome talk--you always do. :)
I read it too!!! I'm just getting caught up. I bet your talk was great. And that's a little weird that they did it by email. If they are going to go it by email, there shouldn't be uncomfiness about emailing you directly. They would talk to you directly at church, or on the phone. I'm also irked.
Post a Comment