So my talk did go well. I put a lot of time and effort into preparing it....the most I have done in a long time. It reminded me of preparing essays for my history and english classes back at Mal-U...only this time I was able to put my own thoughts and feelings in and not worry about how I was going to be marked. I felt calm giving my talk and many people came up to me afterward and told me that they really liked it...and not just people that I know either. It made me feel good. Thanks for the support and uplifting words Laura and Sarah! I needed them.
So, helping my friend Rebecca with her twin girls and 8 week old is challenging. Her girls are full - on busy! They are 2 and a half and both are in the "mine" stage. EVERYTHING is theirs and they don't hesitate to shout it out everytime Bethany and I come over. One child obsessed with things being theirs is one thing but two is nuts! It drives me crazy to be honest and I am only there for 2-3 hours a couple of mornings a week! I don't think Bethany really likes being there that much because neither of the girls let her ride their bikes or push their doll strollers or really even play with their toys.....they tag team against her two and one will take something away and say "Emma's" or "Annaliese's". If I bring some of our toys over for Bethany to play with (I mean I feel kind of sorry for her because the girls are always shouting at her and taking things from her...though she seems to ignore the shouting for the most part and has started sneakily grabbing things away - yay for Bethany!) they immediately want them and say that they are "theirs" and the two of them start fighting over them. What a tough age! I think that they are bored, which is one reason why they fight so much. I have suggested to their mom to get them some sidewalk chalk and crayons and sand and things that they can do by themselves but Rebecca is so tired that she just hasn't the energy to do so. The other day the two of them were grabbing at Bethany's necklace and I was so mad. I mean come on.......they are both a year older than her and two of them picking on her? Not nice! I came up and said "NO!" really firmly to both of them and Rebecca brought them inside. Those girls.......Rebecca is going to have to become really firm with them. Anyway, yah.....looking after them is a challenge and sometimes I feel like I don't have the energy.
Got to go and let Andrew use the computer for his assignment. It is due tomorrow and I am pretty sure he will be pulling an all - nighter. I think I better go out and get some chocolate to help him out!
1 comment:
Uhhh...Yikes! I personally am having quite the challenge with Sloan, who's a little older than 2 1/2. It is really hard, I can't imagine there being two of him. I would guess twins would be more so all about ownership though, because they always have the worry that the other one will take it. But, man I would make them share with Bethany if I were you. Don't be too shy. When friends come for a visit, they have to share, and they have to learn eventually. I'm glad your talk went well, I knew it would. You're such a good wife- getting your husband chocolate. I bet Kyle wishes I would do that. In fact, sometimes he begs me to and I still refuse. He's a bit of an addict though... Miss you Leash.
Post a Comment