Saturday, December 23, 2006

At home at last

Well I am at home on the island and today has been a truly lazy day for me. I went to bed at around 11pm last night and spent most of the day in bed. I got up about 1/2 an hour a ago. I am "ex - how -sted" (as Isreal would say) and I am starting to feel like I am getting a cold. Mom asked me if I would come shopping with her today but I declined. No way do I want to go into the crazy busy malls today if I don't have to. This is why I purposely finished my Christmas shopping before I came home. (A new thing for me because I am usually doing it all last minute). I need to go to Wal-mart to pick something up but I am saving that for tomorrow morning before it gets nutso.

Our skating party was fun. I got a few more presents from some of the students and some really nice cards from parents too. One of the parents wrote that I have such a gentle and caring nature with the children. This was a surprise coming from this parent because she and her husband can be so particular about things. It was really nice to hear though and it made me feel good. I really love my job and I love the kids that I teach. I feel so fortunate to be there. It makes me happy to know that I am in a job where I am doing something worthwhile and where I am able to really connect with the kids (though it can be tough at times).

I just gave Eman some of the chocolates that I got from some of the kids. He asked me if he could "finish them off" (ha ha). He sure likes candy.

Apparently we are having lots of people over for Christmas this year. Hielke and June are coming and Rachelle and Kevin and Cas and Allyson are coming and Keiran. It will be a busy Christmas for a change. It will be nice to see everyone.

No comments: