Monday, December 18, 2006

Ok so I didn't go to Christine's. I just couldn't do it. I don't have the energy to drive out there and be social and I had a headache. I am exhausted really. I didn't orginally have plans to go because of the "last minute" nature of it all, but Randy called and asked if I was coming and when I said "no" (I had thought that it started at 7pm) and gave my reason he didn't say anything on the phone right away and it was awkward and then for some reason I felt compelled to say yes and go. I hate awkward m0ments like that when the other person doesn't say anything or react right away and you feel you need to fill the empty void with words or with what you feel they want to hear. So anyways I said yes and then changed my mind an hour or so later and phone Susan to say that I wasn't feeling so well. Thankfully she understood.

I put on of my IKEA CD holders together and then took a nap. Izzy slept comfortably on my side...as in on my body. She sure is a lovely dovey cat when she wants to be. I am so glad! I really wanted a cat with her personality and I got it.

So I went downstairs into the laundry room to put a Christmas card for Mike and Franca in the mail slot. I saw a lady coming out of a different door and for some reason I thought that maybe it was their daughter (yes, she truly looked like she could have been their daughter) so I asked her if she was. My thought was that if the lady was their daughter I would just give her the chocolates and card to give to them. Well it turns out that the lady is a new "move-in" and her name is Paula and she's moving into 207. She has an accent so I think that she is Eastern European. We were talking about the laundry machines and stuff. She was really nice and friendly.

I put Mike and Franca's Christmas card in the mail slot but then I had the dilemma of where to put the chocolates that Laura had made for them. There was no way they would fit through the mail slot so I finally decided to leave them hanging on the handle to their office. I know I'm taking a chance but that's life. I think I'll go back down and write their names on it so that people know.

I'm going to go and make my fish and asparagus dinner. I think that "George" is properly heated up by now. Times a wastin.

No comments: