Well...it is after Christmas and the days have been quite plesant I must say! On Boxing day I went up to Canadian Tire and bought myself a Dirt Devil for 50 bucks! It was on Sale (normally 90 bucks) and man does it work! I tested it out at home and it picks up ALOT of dust and dirt. It is a lot like the one that we borrowed from Gord when we lived on 45th - you know...bagless and all. Sarita would be proud of me. I thought of her as I bought it. So I am happy that we have a good vaccum so that I can vaccum my rug and get rid of all of the stuff on it. Whoohoo! (By the way - what do you think of the area rug that I bought for our place Laura?) Oh yeah, I also convinced mom to buy herself a new vaccum. Hers was old and so we went to Canadian Tire again and when all was said and done she also bought herself a Dirt Devil...her is a cannister vaccum though because she wanted something that would go under her bed (mine is an upright). On Christmas Eve I went with her to United Furniture Warehouse and she bought herself a new bed and got an awesome deal on it (the salesman was really decent). (She needed a new bed too). It was funny because she said that lately when she is around me she is spending all of this money! True, but she needed these things (her old bed she had had since we lived in Lethbridge) and she needed my convincing......for real. I'm glad for her to have these things though...they will make her life much easier and her sleeps (and back pain) much easier. Yesterday she and I went to Hagar's and I used some of my Christmas money to buy some new earrings and an amber pendant. (These were gifts from mom) They are really pretty. Then we came home and waited for Laine and Eman to be ready so that we could all go to Coombs. Well we drove out there only to find out that it was closed (the website said that it was open everyday from 9-6pm). So we drove back through Parksville and chatted and that was that. I just realized that I am making a record account of things I've been doing...well I'll still have stuff to say when I see some of you guys in person ok? Today is the big, BIG Family day. Seriously, EVERYONE is coming today. Cas and Allyson and their 4 kids and Allyson's father and Rachelle and Alex and Keiran (and Hielke and June came last night). There is going to be like 20 people at Oma's for dinner. It is going to be BUSY! It will be nice to see everyone...but also....well......just "busy"....I mean I like seeing everyone and catching up etc. but sometimes I get a little self-concious having to talk about where I am in life and what I am doing etc. to certain people. Nevermind though....I'll bring my knitting (I'm knitting Jacqui a scarf for her birthday) and focus on that if need be. Well it is 1:14 pm so I guess I better get out of the pjs and get dressed. I am hoping to go for a walk at Piper's today before it begins to rain or something. Later all |
Friday, December 29, 2006
Post Christmas
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I want a new bed.
Me too!
it's a pretty nice rug elicia
Post a Comment