Sunday, July 08, 2007

Highlights of the week

Ok so I started school this week - which has made my days very, very long. I go from 8am -4:30pm and I'm being crammed with a lot of information so it is mentally tiring. I love it, but yes, it is tiring. Here are somehighlighs / interesting things that have happened this week:

1. I got a call from some vacation company telling me that I won a cruise to the Bahamas because of this form that I filled out when I was at the Chinese Night market weeks ago. Now hold on - I didn't get super excited about it because my immediate thought was "what's the catch?" (I mean there is always some sort of fee or catch to these things!) So I let the girl exhuberantly tell me about the trip and then when she gets to the end of her spiel she says that I will ONLY have to pay a promotional feel of $700 for myself and my guest that will be coming with me...AND I'll have to find my own way down to Florida because that is where the Cruise starts from....she asked for me credit card number and at that time i didn't really know what to say so I just hung up the phone. She didn't call back.

So even though I won a cruise......I won't be partaking of it.....someday i'll have my moment in the tropics!

2. I bought a cool bookshelffrom IKEA...AND I put it together all by myself! I felt pretty proud of myself for this one. The shelf looks great and needs to be filled now.

3. I was feeling a little desperate about the grey patches in my hair (and I'm on a budget) so I impulsively drove to London Drugs and bought a hair dye and dyed it - dark brown. Well it turned out to be VERY dark brown and I don't hate it but I am hoping that it will lighten a bit with the sun. Next time I'll try medium brown.

4. I went to Science World today and found out (among other things that I learned) that "snot is so important that your body makes a fresh batch of it every 20 minutes" (Now how many of you knew that eh? Interesting!) I went to the Grossology exhibit there and also ended up smelling what feet smell like and what an anus smells like - thanks to Jesse who said "smell this" and me naively agreeing. Let me tell you that the anus is THE MOST DISGUSTING SMELL ever. It is seriously gross yech...take my word for it...the smell will KILL you.

5. I watched "In her shoes" with Laura last night. It was really good....there were things in there that I would relate to and it was a just a nice, feel good movie. I recommend it.

6. Laura and I rearranged the living room - it's more cozy now.

And this is all that has happened this week. Over and out.

3 comments:

Laura said...

i can't believe the anus smells BAD!?!

Anonymous said...

It is THE most disgusting smell that you will ever smell in your entire life - even grosser than poopy diapers!

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty surprised, I truly thought the anus would smell awesome.