I just filled out my first report for E.I. It was quite painless actually since I haven't been working. Now I just have to wait and se what happens - whether I qualify for it or not. I certainly hope so but it remains to be seen.
I am in Lantzville this weekend and it is so nice. The weather is grey and cloudy, but it is so good to be here - even if it is only for the weekend. There is a warm, comforting feeling about coming home and being here amongst all of its familiarity. The pace is slower and it is just good to be here.
Jaqui and Simon and Eman picked me up and since I always seem to miss seeing those guys when I am home (Simon and Jaqui I mean) it was good to visit with them for this short little while. Hopefully someday I'll come home on a weekend when they don't already have plans and I can actually hang out with them!
So....new things going on in my life. Well, I am excited to say that my sis and Scott moved over to Van finally and they are living a block away from me!!!! No joke! Laura and I helped them unload their moving van on Tuesday night and it was a good thing that we did because they ended up coming over here so late (mishaps with the ferry business etc). Fortunately, they have an ELEVATOR in their place which was a huge bonus. The downside of it was that it required two people to load and unload the elevator because the doors shut so quickly, and as Laura said in her blog, trying to hold it open with your body was not an option. After two hours we got them moved in and they are now living in "Hamlet Manor". (I wonder if they are going to Marpole days this weekend........haha).
It was crazy hot this week and Laura and I decided to take advantage of it. After I finished school Tuesday and Wednesday we hopped in the car and went to Spanish Banks to go swimming! We found that 5ish is the perfect time to go because it is not so busy (it gets busy later though with all of the volleyball teams who make use of the nets!) and you are guaranteed to find a parking spot AND the water is still warm. On the first day it was really windy and the water was quite rough so the waves were HUGE! It was so much fun trying to battle with them but I felt a little nervous about going out too far. Laura (who is a confident swimmer) reassured me that she was a strong swimmer and that she would help me if I needed it. Still though, I wasn't too keen and going much furthur than my head. We played water charades and she did a funny one where she was spaghetti and meatballs...that one tickled my funny bone alright. I did one where I was trying to be a calfornia raisin. The things you do when you swim!
The second time that we went swimming we saw a tugboat pulling some logs (though Laur insists that it isn't a tugboat) and some sailboats coming out. We both agreed that we would like to go on a sailboat some day. It was cool to see so many of them some out and turn around and then go back. The water was still quite wavy today but not as bad as the day before. I said that we were "riding the waves of glory" was we manouvered ourselves in the water. We went out quite far and noticed that the lifeguard was keeping a sharp eye on us. We both wondered how fast the lifeguard would even be able to come out should we be drowning because he only had a motor boat!!! Go figure.
No comments:
Post a Comment