Izzy has been curled up all snug on my IKEA rug for a couple of hours. She is so cute. I love it when I go to pet her and she lazily stretches out her entire body and starts purring and looks at me with her lovely, smiling, sleepy eyes. She is so adorable. I'm glad she's mine. Archie has been attempting to annoy Laura and I to death so that one of us will go and feed him. He doesn't need food - he's only being picky. I think that he has finally given up though because now he is laying down on my rug too - tired from his foiled attempts.
I went to Dr. Lurie today for phase 3 of the anti - candida stuff. It is expensive going to him but it is my health and I want to be and feel well so it is worth it. For the next three weeks I need to work on detoxing the liver.
Today at school the fire alarms kept going off. It was really irritating and the sound was extremely ear piercing. There wasn't a fire though, apparently there is a fault in the system. I'll say there was.
I saved a baby bird today...at least I hope that I saved it. While we (my classmates and I) were returning to the building after the fire alarm we saw some of the workmen (who were doing landscaping) talking and looking at this nest. Apparently, one of them had, unknowingly, disturbed the nest while he was cutting back branches and stuff. The mother and father bird were flying around and chirping frantically because when the nest had got knocked down and the baby bird were on the ground. Well we saw one baby bird and knew that the mother and father would never be able to find it one the ground (it was still alive....breathing heavily with it's eyes shut) and we asked the workman if he would pick it up and put it back in the nest so that the mother and father would see it. He said that he wouldn't and went on with his work. Well, my classmates and I contemplated what to do and how to pick it up because all of us agreed that it needed to go back in the nest and that we could put the nest up high for the parents to see it. Rebecca immediately said that she wouldn't do it because she's pregnant. Some people said the use their hands but finally Jessica and I worked together and took spoons and gently put it back in the nest. We were going to put the nest on top of some bushes but then the workman came back and put it in a safer area that was more more secluded. Inside I was grateful to him for this. I think that he felt bad because he was the one who had been trimming the bushes where the nest orginally was.
So, I don't know if that baby bird is going to survive but at least we did something. Nature needs to be helped sometimes.
I'm tired. I think I'm going to hit the hay early.
No comments:
Post a Comment