Tuesday, October 09, 2007

"A woman, it goes, may have beauty. That in itself is zero. She may have charm, zero. She may have talent, wit, intelligence - all these count as zero if they stand alone. If she has a great soul, however, that counts as one. And then you add all the zeros, and you have a great sum."

- Maria Montessori

I was reading (well, still working through) Maria Montessori's Biography and this quote struck me. It was encouraging and it reminded me of the worth of my own soul and the souls of those that I know and love and teach. Sometimes I get so caught up in feeling stressed about getting through the curriculum and teaching everything properly that I forget the central goal of montessori education - this was a good reminder.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, neato quote. I really like that (and I'm not one for quotes!)