Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I think that maybe Bethany has finally gone to sleep. I put her down for a nap but she was chatting away to herself for a bit but now all is quiet....well....almost. We'll see.....She is getting to be cuter and cuter these days! She says "ma..ma..ma...ma......." and "da...da...da...da..." and other kinds of baby talk. She can sit up on her own and pull herself into a sitting position from laying down. She rolls and manouvers herself around the floor and is nearly crawling. She still does not have any teeth but can manage to eat crackers and some other finger foods on her own. I love seeing her grown and get bigger and change. It is so amazing.....

Andrew and I are still looking for a place to move to. We saw a couple of places on the weekend but one of them was a real dive (disgusting is more like it - the real estate agent said that it was going to be refurbished but Andrew and I were like "no way") and the other was big enough and in our price range but we weren't chosen to be the tenants. This is a blessing in disguise I think because there were a lot of problems with mold and moisture and stuff and it didn't have a bath (which, is a must I feel when you have kids) and it had really high ceilings and would probably cost a lot to heat in the winter. I looked at a place today that looks decent but I think that it might be kind of small for us. I mean we might just fit in...but in the long term I don't think that it would work out so well. Especially when we decide to have another baby. Also, there isn't really any storage and even though the owner has a storage room it is questionable whether or not we would be able to use it. Also, it is a basement suite and truth be told but I would rather not live in a basement suite again if possible. So I saw this other place in the paper today and it is 15 bucks less a week in rent than what we are current paying (but 15 bucks more than what we would like to pay) but it is a free standing place and it has a lock up garage that we can use and a bath and they said that a cat is okay and it has a clothes line and a place where we can plant a veggie garden. And the lady that I talked to on the phone was really, really nice (she is from Chicago). So Andy and I are going to look at it today and see what happens. I'll let you know. The only downside would be that we would have to move out of our ward...but that's life right? Just because you move out of your ward it doesn't mean that you lose your friends right?

Got to go and take the laundry off the line. Got to love sunny, summer weather here....though Christmas in the summer will always be weird to me.

No comments: