Thursday, November 04, 2010

It's quiet in my house. A little too quiet, but not for long. Bethany is sleeping and Kuma is sleeping. Kuma is driving me crazy lately. He escaped out our bedroom window the other day and jumped on to the cover over Grace's doorway. (Grace lives in half of the house below us). He was too scared to jump down to the ground so he was just hanging out on the cover until I discovered him there. Andrew, kind man that he is, went outside and tried to encourage him to jump to the ground but Kuma resisted. He finally grabbed Kuma by the collar and half pulled him so that he would jump down. Kuma reluctantly did and then Andrew brought him back into the house. This episode was somewhat reminscent of when Izzy jumped out the window when Laura and I lived on Montcalm Street. Man oh man! Me and the cats that like to jump out of windows! Kuma tries to get outside every chance that he gets. The problem is that our windows don't have screens so we need to either keep them shut or put him in a room or in his cage. I can't blame him wanting to go outside...I mean there are tons of birds out there and other cats and he is just itching to go. He runs around like a wild cat a lot of the time and scatches at things....it is so annoying. Sometimes I just get to the point where I am almost tempted to just let him out and roam free. But...then there are so many possible consequences to this...like that he will probably get fleas and then we will have to get flea treatement for him and he doesn't have all of his shots so he could get sick and we can't afford to get any shots for him....not for a long time actually. So yeah...what to do? Any suggestions? Maybe I shouldn't have got a cat after all.....

We are looking for a new place to live and finding it difficult. Well, I am anyway. Andrew says that I need to be more patient. This is true, but it is hard because we are paying so much moola in rent and I feel like we are just scraping by. And I don't like just scraping by. I really don't. I also don't want to live in a yucky place. The truth of the matter is that we are going to be here in NZ for a few years yet. Yes, years and I don't want to live in a really dumpy place the whole time. I want to live in a decent place that isn't freezing in the winter and that is in a decent neighborhood close to a few things. I hope that we can find a good place. I guess that I need to work on my faith and remember that Heavenly Father always helps me with things.

My stomach has been topsy turvy lately. I am not sure why but it ain't pleasant. I hope I'm not getting sick. No, there is no baby on the way.

1 comment:

Laura said...

poor kuma! well i don't think there is any solution unless you get screens for some of your windows.