Monday, October 02, 2006

clumps in my carrots

The weekend is almost over and I feel kind of sad because tomorrow is work...again. I mean I love work but I am so overtired and busy....I feel like a need a vacation and it would be nice to just have like a week off to do what I want to do....sigh...
Yesterday I went to Jesse's house to work on World Builders. She and her husband live with her inlaws and their house is HUGE! Anyways we worked on the project for four hours and we still have the text for unit three to do. After I left I went to RONA to deal with my screens. I gave the guy the measurement and then he asked me lots of questions about it because the measurement seemed "odd" and I couldn't exactly answer the questions because it was Laura who have measured it for me. So I went home all frustrated (this screenbuisness has been going on for awhile) and then calmed myself down and re-measured and phone the guy back with my new measurements (his name was "Disney" by the way - he told me)and got it all sorted out so hopefully when they are ready they will fit properly.
Today was GC and it was really good. There were some good talks there that really applied to me. After the 1st session we went to Sarah Burnhams for potluck. I had this plan to make glazed carrots and so I peeled and partially cooked them last night. The plan was to make the glaze at Sarahs. So I brought the ingredients that I would need and start to melt the butter and brown sugar in a pot with the flour just as it said in recipe book but then the brown sugar kept on clumping. I tried to add water and more butter but it was no use...I ended up having clumps of toffee tasting brown sugar instead of a glaze. I mixed it in with the carrots and it looked terrible but also kind of funny. It was cooked carrots with these clumps that looked like "logs" if you know what I mean. Ha! Ha! It didn't bother me though, it was an experience....Heather took a bit of the clumps and ate with her carrots....good on her - what a pal!
In the car on the way to Sarah's Heather and Laura and I were trying to guess what Randy was bringing to potluck...we came up with cheese and crackers, or baby carrots, or turkey pepperoni....all good old reliables that he usually seems to bring! Well, we weren't too far off the mark - he brought the carrots alright and cheese but instead of crackers and the pepperoni he brought cucs and chips and salsa. That Randy, so reliable.
After we got home from conference Laura and I decided to go to the park with a blanket to read. We brought pillows too and we were wearing shorts and a tee and a hoodie (L) and capris and a tee and a hoodie and flips. Well we stepped outside and realized how chilly it actually was. We got to park and decided to sit on the bench with the pillows behind us and the blanket over our laps....like two old ladies! We lasted about 15 mins I think and then we were both too cold so we came home. Summer is definitely gone!
Oh yeah, so lately Laura and I have been hearing some random "calling out" at around 11pm. We just found out today that both of us have heard it...and well.....it sounds like the sounds that one may make when (it is a woman's moaning / shriek)....uh......"getting busy"....yah....for real. We don't know which apartment it is coming from but it is nasty....fortunately we don't hear anything else but the moaning enough is...well...not something that either of us want to hear! I guess we'll have to start closing our windows...

No comments: