It has been a crazy busy week for me. There has been lots going on at work with arrangements for the Preschool move and parent ed nights and staff meetings etc. plus I have had rehearsals etc for the Stake Musical Extravaganza and well.....I have been exhausted and pushed to my limit. I am so glad that today is Saturday and I coul sleep in and catch up. I feel so tired and a little nauseous too....I'm afraid that I may be getting a cold again - darn those kids with their runny noses! Oh well, I'm sure that I will just have an ongoing cold at this rate - hopefully not as bad as when I was in Taiwan though.
I feel lazy today. I was supposed to help move the preschool this weekend - which I was completely dreading - but as luck would have it Jana called me to say that I was off the hook and that they are moving the Preschool on monday and tuesday while I will be teaching the Ks in the Primary room. What a relief!!!! You don't know how glad I am about this....it really is a miracle for me. So in light of this new knowledge I decided that today I would do all sorts of odds and ends suff like clean the bathroom and the kitchen and run errands (trust me to keep pushing myself and making myself busy) but now I just don't feel like it. In fact I don't even feel like leaving the house. I am so, so tired. So today I think that I will just take it easy and just spend this day for me. I definitely need it!
Last night was the talent show and our flute group played our piece. Our piece was called The Baby Elephant Walk and we did really well. I was nervous about my solo part, but I praticed and practiced and even asked Veronica if she would play it with me and it turned out well! I felt good about it. The talen show was pretty neat, it was my first exeperience with it. There was this lady who sang an opening song that sounded like something from a musical Broadway show and then there were acts like a gymnastics routine and a magic show with a live rabbit and Rhea and some filipino sisters did a dance, there was a Japanese sword dance that a girl did and a girl sung a song from a famous play and of course Robert Ray Bennett did his cartoon show (surprise, surprise) which actually turned out to be a tad more interesting than I thought it would be and at the end Bobby and a group of guys from the YSA did the Maori Haka dance in full costume (Karey if you want to know all of the guys who were in it I'll tell you when we talk)...which is really a grass skirt - no shirt and war paint. I was asking Bobby about it at the dress rehearsal (once I asked one question he was a fountain of info and kept tapping my arm to tell me some more tidbits about it) and apparently his mom is polynesian and he is part samoan or something and he learned the Haka and taught it to the rest of the guys. I admit, it was weird to see these guys that we know in very little clothing but they did a really, really good job. It was too bad that Sarita wasn't at the show. She would have got a real kick out of it! At the end of the show all of the performers came on stage and we sang this song together that shelly murley the Broadway lady had written and then we put our hands up in the air at the end. It was kind of funny but cute. And this was our talent show.
Lots of people came out to it. Shelly (as in Shelly in YSA) came and talked to me and wanted my phone number. She said that she missed me. Anyways it was weird to talk to her because she was standing next to Robert who she is still going out with and she made a big deal of having him take out his little black book out of his jacket for her to borrow so that she could write down my phone numbers. It felt kind of weird. Whatever. It was nice to catch up with other people too like Kimmy and Christene and Joana who told me that she is going to go to her Home ward now. Yay!!!! I saw Oriana too but she just gave me a quick smile and that was it.
After the show Heather and Laura and I went to the name for a late dinner. It is open 24hrs and the food was sooooo good! It was a great way to end the evening.
No comments:
Post a Comment