I just finished polishing all of my silver jewellery and "I say!" - it looks nice! I found some earrings that Oma had given me one time I think that look like a whole bunch of leaves on one branch. I don't think that I have ever worn them yet because they were so brown and I kind of forgot about them. But I dipped in the silver polish and wow! I didn't even know that they were silver! They look 1000 times better! That silver polish works like a charm.
I gave Laura a silver toe ring that I had bought one time (no I didn't spend a lot of money on it - I got from a street vendor downtown one summer) and a silver ring that I had bought in Regina from the people that looked after Kyle that year when she was campaigning for Mark Hanley. I didn't wear either of them anymore and Laura likes them so there we go. I was looking at all of my jewellery drying on the counter top and I was thinking how I don't have tonnes and tonnes of it, but what I do have is nice and the various pieces are meaningful to me. Live simply so others may simply live....I guess that I am kind of doing this "jewellery wise".
Well the biggest news in my life is about mom and I need to share it because I am so excited for her! She called me yesterday to say that the school board has finally changed their minds and decided to give mom a job again - as in they are allowing her to go back to work as an EA. Basically the decision hung on the back of one person and this person was so adamant that mom NOT return to work as an EA because "she wasn't capable of working with children" (absolute rubbish we all know). But she got a call from this lady who has been really gung ho about helping her get back "in" and the lady said that the person who was so against mom going back seemed to have a change of heart and has now agreed that she can.
This is so wonderful! This may sound cheesy, but I really think that this is truly a miracle. Mom has been working towards this for 2 1/2 years and things just didn't look good....we all had our doubts. But now she can go back to work and they are placing her in a different school with a different principal and they are allowing her a gradual return until she has her full 5 hours back and they are allowing her disability payments until the end of December! I am so so glad for her....this is the best news I've had in a long, long time. I'm grateful for all of the people who have supported her too and took time our of their lives to do so, like Ray who was helping her with legal stuff Pro-bono and Neil who has supported mom all of the way. I'm grateful for the many people who love and care about mom....she is so special and has such a beautiful, kind and giving personality. I'm lucky to have an awesome mom like her.
So in other news my Izzy B was fixed this week. I brought her home on Friday with cone (also called a Buster collar) around her next and was a little surprised to find her whole tummy shaved and also part of her paw! I forgot that they have to do this to do the operation properly. Anyways she is managing quite well. She is not fond of the collar but she isn't freaking out about it. I have pain medication to give her and I try to encourage her to sleep a lot. Her tummy looks so weird all shaved...you can really see her spots! I'll be glad when the fur is back and so will she I'm sure.
Laura is watching a movie on bird migration. I went to the kitchen to get some nog and there was a part where this bird had hurt his wing and couldn't fly and all of these crabs were trying to get him. I just couldn't stay and watch....I know that it is nature but it makes me feel so sad. I was out of there in a flash.
Well a new week is beginning and Halloween is coming up and I need to cut out some pumpikins to stick on our windows and door. The place needs some sprucing!
Oh yeah, check out WW for an update on his travels.
2 comments:
that's awesome about your mom. tell her i say congrats. that truly is a miracle.
Are you dressing up for work?
I couldn't......we don't really do halloween at our school....I'm going to heather's tonight to watch a movie with her and randy though I think...
Post a Comment